Here is a list of Software (in alphabetical order) that uses Smarty:
* [BIGACE Web CMS] - BIGACE is an easy-to-use multisite, multilanguage and multiuser Web CMS, written for PHP/MySQL?. Uses FCKeditor for HTML editing. Features content versioning, workflows, user and right management, Smarty Templates... Stable release and modules available.
* [Bitweaver] Content Management System
* [BootPress - A Flat File CMS] that will knock your socks off.
* [Cerberus] Cerberus Helpdesk Excellent Web Ticketing system Using the Smarty Engine (commercial).
* [ClipBucket] is an opensource and free script that will let you start your own Video Sharing (Youtube Clone) website in matter of minutes.
* [CMS Made Simple] CMS Made Simple provides a fast and easy way to create a web site and manage its contents. Use it to make a home page for your family -- or your multinational corporation!
* [CS-Cart] is a shopping cart solution for building an ecommerce website of any size.
* [CubeCart] is a fully featured ecommerce shopping cart solution used by over a million store owners around the world.
* [Drupal] - Implementation of Smarty for Drupal's abstract theme engine.
* [eclime] is a Smarty™ based e-commerce/shopping cart software build from trusted osCommerce 2.2 engine.
* [Edit-X] is a commercial Content Management System which uses Smarty for both templating and cashing.
* [eFront] is a fully flexible eLearning 2.0 system capable of fulfilling a wide range of learning needs.
* [Exponent] is a website content management system (or CMS) that allows site owners to easily create and manage dynamic websites without necessarily directly coding web pages, or managing site navigation.
* [FlatPress] - Open-source standard-compliant multi-lingual extensible blogging engine which does not require a Database Management System.
* [Gallery Menalto] - open source web based photo album organizer.
* [GOsa˛] - Open-Source framework for complete infrastructure management, relies on LDAP-based directory services to run IT environments from small to enterprise-size installations.
* [Guru CMS] - Content Management System based on PHP/MySQL/Smarty?, multilingual support out of the box along with modular architecture and a simple way to integrate any HTML design into it in just a few hours without reading complex documentation pages.
* [Help Center Live] is an open-source, community driven live chat & support system.
* [iDevAffiliate] provides you with affiliate program software to start your affiliate tracking.
* [ImpressCMS] is a community developed Content Management System for easily building and maintaining a dynamic web site.
* [Kryn.cms] is a revolutionary redefinition of content-managment-systems. Working with Kryn.cms is like working with your computer.
* [LifeType] (formerly pLog) is an open source multilingual multiuser multi-blog engine.
* [MediaWiki Smarty Adaptor] This extension provides a bridge between Mediawiki and the Smarty Template Processor framework.
* [MODx Revolution] is a powerful PHP Content Management Framework that plays nicely with custom code and helps you build sites faster and maintain them with ease.
* [MoreGroupware] Moregroupware is groupware that includes standard modules like calendar, news, contacts, and more. Its UI is multi-language ready, it has a robust framework for adding modules, and can run on several databases. It uses Smarty as template engine.
* [Open Journal Systems] An Open-Source Journal Management System
* [OpenDocMan] is a free PHP document management system (DMS) designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management.
* [Open-Realty®] is a FREE commercial web based real estate listing management application.
* [OpenX] is an open-source advertising server that is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
* [phpEnter] - An online news publishing system that features easy installation, user submission, and an admin panel for adding, editing, and removing categories and news.
* [Piwik] is a downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) real time web analytics software program. It provides you with detailed reports on your website visitors.
* [PHOCOA] is a MVC php5 web application framework. Uses Smarty for the view layer of the framework.
* [Pligg CMS] provides social publishing software that encourages visitors to register on your website so that they can submit content and connect with other users.
* [poMMo] is versatile mass mailing software. It can be used to add a mailing list to your Web site or to organize stand alone mailings.
* [phpLD] creates a directory of virtually anything from links to articles, and much more.
* [phpMyFAQ] is a scalable open source FAQ system using PHP and available for many databases.
* [Plume CMS] Plume CMS, Former XULit! Former PXSystem, this was the only CMS with nice URL. Now it's Plume (as of 2004-09-26). The design remains not so bad! (seems not to run with Smarty any more... Own template System)
* [PodHawk] content management for podcasting - upload and management of audio and video files, customisable web pages with audio/video player, full podcasting RSS feed.
* [PrestaShop] is the fastest, the lightest, and the most progressive Open Source e-commerce software.
* [Serendipity] Weblog system with many features using Smarty for templating.
* [Shopware] Community Edition is the perfect starting platform for any kind of online shop and comes with a maltitude of services.
* [Sillaj] Time tracking on projects and tasks with reporting. Multi-user, Smarty themes, multi-languages.
* [Siteframe™] is a lightweight content-management system designed for the rapid deployment of community-based websites.
* [Smartest] is probably the best CMS there is :)
* [SocialEngine] is social network software that helps you build your own customized community websites.
* [SquirrelMail] is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP.
* [SugarCRM] helps companies communicate with prospects, share sales information, close deals and keep customers happy.
* [Syntax Desktop] A simple to use content management system. Syntax Desktop allow you to manage full features websites with a friendly GUI.
* [TestLink] is a web-based test management software that facilitates software quality assurance. It is developed and maintained by Teamst. The platform offers support for test cases, test suits, test plans, test projects and user management, as well as various reports and statistics.
* [Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware] is a full-featured, web-based, multilingual (35+ languages), tightly integrated, all-in-one Wiki+CMS+Groupware, Free Source Software (GNU/LGPL), using PHP, MySQL?, Zend Framework, jQuery and Smarty. Actively developed by a very large international community, Tiki can be used to create all kinds of Web applications, sites, portals, knowledge bases, intranets, and extranets.
* [Tritanium Bulletin Board] is a file-based discussion forum written in PHP under the Creative Commons 3.0 by-nc-sa license.
* [TYPO3] A modular PHP CMS with a large community and good documentation (even multilanguage videos!) under the GNU GPL. A Smarty Plugin exists.
* [Vanilla Forums] are open-source, standards-compliant, customizable discussion forums.
* [VegaDNS] A tinydns administration tool written in PHP to allow easy administration of DNS records through a web browser.
* [XOOPS] XOOPS is a GPL Content Management System, its newest version 2.03 uses a customized Smarty template system. Module and theme development continues to increase as users learn the wonders of Smarty templates!
* [Zikula] Zikula is a modular Web-Application Framework.